Have you recently bought a Karaoke machine for yourself?
Not sure how to connect it to your stereo?
Don’t worry, we understand that setting up your own Karaoke machine for the first time can be a little tough and so, we have described the steps that one must follow to successfully connect their Karaoke machine to a TV or a VCR.
Keep in mind that you get better sound quality when you add amplifiers and speakers to your Karaoke machine and one can easily add these accessories with the help of speaker wire or red, yellow and white connectors.
Connecting your Karaoke Machine to your TV
- Find the colored patch chords of your Karaoke machine and use the yellow chord into the video-out port of your karaoke machine and the other end into the video-in port of your TV.
- Now, you need to connect the audio-out port so that the sound can be channeled through your TV. For this, take the white colored cord and plug it into the audio-out left port of your TV and insert the other end into the white auxiliary port of your Karaoke machine.
- Finish connecting the sound by plugging in the red cord into the audio-out right port of your TV and inserting the other end into the auxiliary red port of the Karaoke machine.
Once you have made these three connections, you can start your Karaoke machine and test if it is working properly or not. If you feel that there are some noise glitches, then tighten the cords and keep adjusting them until they start sounding clear to you.
Connecting your Karaoke Machine to your VCR
Similarly, you can also connect your Karaoke machine to your VCR and enjoy a fun and musical night with your friends and family!
- First, you need to connect your VCR to your TV to ensure that the lyrics are displayed on the TV when a song is being played.
- Then, you need to connect your Karaoke machine to your VCR to record your sound.
- Once this is done, you need to take the yellow cord and plug it into the video-out port of the VCR and insert the other end into the video-in port of your Karaoke machine.
- Once you have connected the video ports, you need to connect the audio as explained above in the ‘connecting your Karaoke machine to your TV’ section.
Connecting Speakers to your Karaoke Machine
If you want a good quality sound, then you will need to buy additional high-quality speakers which can provide you with a clear and crisp sound. To connect these speakers to your Karaoke machine, just follow these steps:
- Get professional speakers which have feedback reducers or eliminators so as to ensure a clean and crisp sound.
- Now, connect your speakers to the TV or the VCR with the help of the speaker wire. Make sure that you place the two-pronged wire into the output ports for speakers that are available on your TV, VCR or stereo. You will need to connect the other ends to the speakers.